International Sauvignon Blanc Day
Tomorrow is International Sauvignon Blanc Day and in celebration Gareth Stewart from the Culpeper created his very own unique Sav inspired dish that I have replicated at home to enjoy tonight in front of the fire. The recipe below is for smoked Brisket with green papaya, green chilli, tamarind and toasted peanuts - enjoy!
Ingredients you will need per plate;
- 110g 16 hour smoked brisket
- 50g Green papaya (finely julienned)
- 25g Daikon radish (finely julienned into iced water)
- 1 tables peanuts (toasted)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup nut leaves
- 5-6 leaves sango cress
- 1 tblsp finely shredded spring onion
- 2 tbsp tblsp tamarind sauce
Dress the salad and serve with the smoked brisket and finish with toasted peanuts and tamarind sauce.
Tamarind dipping sauce
- 1 pkt Tamarind
- 500ml water
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tblsp ginger
- 300g coconut sugar
- 1 lime
Simmer the tamarind pulp with enough water to completely cover and cook out. Add the chilli, garlic, grated ginger, coconut sugar and infuse for 10 minutes.
Push through a strainer and blent. Adjust the seasoning and acidity levels with the stock syrup and lime.
- 1 tblsp Cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tblsp Red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tblsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 tblsp coconut sugar
- 2 limes juices and segmented (segments chopped)
- 2 tblsp fish sauce
- 1 tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp grape seed oil